2015 Minister's Awards for Municipal Excellence
An independent review committee made up of representatives from various municipal associations will recommend award recipients for the 2015 Minister’s Awards for Municipal Excellence in six categories. Submissions are made up of two parts; the first is to fill out a practice collection form, and the second is to fill out the awards submission form. Once you have filled out the practice collection form most of the work is done. The awards submission form is quite brief. Clicking on the links below will take you the award submission forms:
- Innovation – recognizes a leading practice embodying the first use of an idea in a municipal context in Alberta (municipalities with a population of less than 500,000);
- Partnership – recognizes a leading municipal practice involving consultation, co-ordination and cooperation with other municipalities, jurisdictions or organizations (municipalities with a population of less than 500,000);
- Safe Communities – recognizes a leading practice focused on making municipalities safer through prevention and enforcement (municipalities with a population of less than 500,000);
- Smaller Municipalities – recognizes the innovative practices developed by communities with less than 3,000 residents;
- Larger Municipalities – recognizes the innovation and creativity of larger municipalities with populations of 500,000 or greater that have a substantial resource base and who can partner with departments within the municipality’s control.
The Outstanding Achievement Award – recognizes a municipality or municipal partnership that has helped to inspire action and change that has benefited local government practice in Alberta. This award, chosen by the review committee, recognizes the best submission from all categories.
All municipalities are eligible. The review committee considers the practices in relation to the size and available resources of the municipality.
The submission period for the 2015 Minister’s Awards for Municipal Excellence will end May 29, 2015. Award recipients will be announced in September at the AUMA Convention and also recognized at the AAMDC Convention in November.